Monday, November 7, 2011

9-18-11

September 18, 2011 was such a special day for all of us.  Some people call it a baby dedication service, but at our church they call it a parent commitment service.  I love that name & I really loved this day.  This service for a public profession of our commitment to raise you up in a Christian home, teaching you, and being an example for you in Christ.  NeeNee, Pops, Maw, Paw, Bubby, Papa Tom, Uncle Sam, Aunt Janna, Sam Jr. & Max were all apart of this special day.  And thank goodness for Mr. Jim, who took so many great pictures!

The service was so sweet-Pastor Gregg called up each family & read each verse the parent's had chosen to dedicate to their child.  Then we came up as a group and he prayed for you, me and daddy.  You were so good during the service, so were all the other babies!  When it was our turn to go up, you really wanted Pastor Gregg's mic.

The verse we dedicated to you and your life was a very special verse to me growing up. 
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." -1 Timothy 4:12
We chose this verse because in your life you will have people look up to you-young, old, and those the same age as you, and you are called to be an example of your Christian faith.  It's my prayer that people of all ages look up to you, sweet girl, because of your love for Jesus and the way you live your life.  And I also pray that God gives us the knowledge to be the parents He has called us to be.

Here are some of our favorite pictures of this day together.....










Emma, you are my most favorite thing in this world.  And I am blessed beyond words to be your mom.  I think you are incredible and I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life!!!

i love you-
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment